New Orleans in Orleans Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Founded in 1880
the J.F.E. Levaudais Plantation and
was acquired under French grant.
Prior to 1880 the property formed
a part of the City of Lafayette,
Jefferson Parish, Louisiana
To Dining in the Grand Manner
by Frank and Eleanore Moran
Erected 1944 by Mr. & Mrs. Frank and Eleanore Moran.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Entertainment • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 29° 55.73′ N, 90° 5.056′ W. Marker is in New Orleans, Louisiana, in Orleans Parish. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Coliseum Street on Washington Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1403 Washington Avenue, New Orleans LA 70115, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 (within shouting distance of this marker); Maisonette Creole (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); R.N. Girlingís “English Apothecary” (about 400 feet away); Colonel Shortís VillaGarden District (about 400 feet away); Mayor Isaac W. Patton House (about 700 feet away); Gilmour – Parker House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Edward A. Davis House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Orleans.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 10, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 731 times since then and 61 times this year. Last updated on January 16, 2012, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 10, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.