Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
South River in Middlesex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Old School Baptist Church

 
 
Old School Baptist Church (Circa 1805) image. Click for full size.
Photographed By R. C.
1. Old School Baptist Church (Circa 1805)
Inscription.  
Circa 1805
Has been placed on the
National Register
of Historic Places

By the United States
Department of the Interior

 
Erected by South River Historical & Preservation Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1805.
 
Location. 40° 27.037′ N, 74° 22.892′ W. Marker is in South River, New Jersey, in Middlesex County. Marker is on Main Street (New Jersey Route 535) near Thomas Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 64-66 Main Street, South River NJ 08882, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. South River World War II, Korean Conflict, and Vietnam Conflict Memorial (here, next to this marker); South River World War I Memorial (here, next to this marker); Cannon Brothers' Park (approx. half a mile away); L.J. Smith Farmhouse (approx. 1.2 miles away); Sayreville, New Jersey Time Capsule (approx. 1.4 miles away); Sayre and Fisher Brick Water Tower
Marker is located on one of the center pillars image. Click for full size.
Photographed By R. C.
2. Marker is located on one of the center pillars
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 1.8 miles away); Sayre & Fisher Reading Room (approx. 2 miles away); Sayreville United Methodist Church (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in South River.
 
South River Museum Sign image. Click for full size.
Photographed By R. C.
3. South River Museum Sign
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 5, 2008, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 868 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on February 5, 2008, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Picture of marker on other pillar. • Can you help?

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=5180

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Aug. 15, 2022