Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
1784 Tarrant County 1815
Organized Aug 5, 1850-Named for
General Edward H. Tarrant
Donated by Business Leaders of Fort Worth in grateful appreciation this marker is erected by the Gen. Edwards H. Tarrant Chapter & Tarrant County Historical Society under the Auspices of the National Society United States Daughters of 1812.
State of Texas
May 18, 1949
Erected 1949 by Gen. Edwards H. Tarrant Chapter & Tarrant County Historical Society under the Auspices of the National Society United States Daughters of 1812.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • War of 1812 • War, Texas Independence • Wars, US Indian. In addition, it is included in the United States Daughters of 1812, National Society series list. A significant historical month for this entry is May 1559.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 W Weatherford St, Fort Worth TX 76102, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Tarrant County Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); Texas Christian University (within shouting distance of this marker); First Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Leonard Brothers Department Store (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Site of Camp Worth (about 400 feet away); Fort Worth 1849-1853 (about 400 feet away); Fort Worth (about 400 feet away); Site of the First Masonic Hall in Fort Worth (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Worth.
Also see . . . Tarrant, Edward H. The Handbook of Texas Online, Texas State Historical Association (Submitted on February 13, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 22, 2019. It was originally submitted on February 11, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 603 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 11, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.