Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
by John Peter Smith
Classes held in
abandoned Fort Hospital
in this block
Erected by Tarrant County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education.
Location. 32° 45.48′ N, 97° 20.08′ W. Marker is in Fort Worth, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker can be reached from North Houston Street (Business U.S. 287) near West Belknap Street, on the right when traveling south. This little marker is almost lost within the ground cover just to the right of the steps to the Tarrant County Courthouse parking garage and next to the Trinity Trails Path. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Worth TX 76102, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Tarrant County Criminal Courts Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of the First Masonic Hall in Fort Worth (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Worth (within shouting distance of this marker); The Site of Camp Worth Leonard Brothers Department Store (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Tarrant County Courthouse (about 500 feet away); 1784 Tarrant County 1815 (about 600 feet away); Fort Worth 1849-1853 (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Worth.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 11, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 561 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on February 11, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. 2. submitted on October 18, 2013, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.