Whippany in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Our Lady of Mercy Chapel
New Jersey Register of Historic Places
Erected 1977 by Morris County Heritage Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1883.
Location. 40° 49.18′ N, 74° 25.023′ W. Marker is in Whippany, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on Whippany Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 Whippany Road, Whippany NJ 07981, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Melville Mill (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Village of Whippany (approx. ¼ mile away); The Old Iron Works (approx. 0.3 miles away); 56-Delaware, Lackawanna & Western R.R. (approx. 0.3 miles away); Earle Richard Henriquez-Gil, Sr. (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pennsylvania Railroad “Watch Box” (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pennsylvania Railroad Standard Telephone BoothI Am Steam Locomotive No. 385 (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Whippany.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 11, 2012, by David Ross of Pequannock, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 402 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 11, 2012, by David Ross of Pequannock, New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.