Palm Springs in Riverside County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The building now serves as the museum and headquarters of the Palm Springs Historical Society. The names and symbols carved into some of the adobe blocks are believed to be those of the workmen who formed the blocks. HSPB-5, This plaque sponsored by the McCallum Desert Foundation.
Erected by City of Palm Springs & McCallum Desert Foundation. (Marker Number HSPB-5.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1885.
Location. 33° 49.248′ N, 116° 32.826′ W. Marker is in Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 215 South Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs CA 92262, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. May Peace Prevail on Earth (a few steps from this marker); McManus Village Green (a few steps from this marker); The Oasis Hotel Dining Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); "Above and Beyond" (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Plaza Theatre (about 700 feet away); Oasis Hotel (about 700 feet away); Welwood Murray Memorial Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Palm Springs Desert Museum (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Palm Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 7, 2019. It was originally submitted on February 17, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 756 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 17, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.