Palm Springs in Riverside County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
General Telephone Building
Erected by City of Palm Springs & McCallum Desert Foundation. (Marker Number HSPB-26.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1934.
Location. 33° 49.678′ N, 116° 32.812′ W. Marker is in Palm Springs, California, in Riverside County. Marker is on North Palm Canyon Drive (Business California Route 111), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 365 North Palm Canyon, Palm Springs, Ca, Palm Springs CA 92262, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Cork'n Bottle Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Owen Coffman Post #519 Palm Springs American Legion (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The O'Donnell Golf Course Dr. Smith / Dr. Peppers Office (about 700 feet away); Frances S. Stevens School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of First Community Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Palm Canyon Blvd Street Marker (approx. ¼ mile away); Lykken’s Department Store (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Palm Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 17, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 654 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 17, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. 3, 4. submitted on April 4, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.