Tehachapi in Kern County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
B.M. Denison House & 1880's House
B.M.Denison House - Located on the northeast corner of "D" and Curry Streets, this house was constructed entirely from cedar wood in 1898 by B.M. Denison. He planted the first commercial Bartlett Pear orchard along Curry Street.
1880s House - Located on the southeast corner of "D" and Curry Streets, this house was built in the late 1880s.
Erected by Tehachapi Heritage League. (Marker Number 6.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1898.
Location. 35° 7.749′ N, 118° 26.972′ W. Marker is in Tehachapi, California, in Kern County. Marker is at the intersection of West D Street and South Curry Street on West D Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tehachapi CA 93561, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Peery House (within shouting distance of this marker); Early High School (within shouting distance of this marker); Two 1890's Houses (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Kawaiisu (about 400 feet away); Errea House (about 400 feet away); August Weferling House (about 500 feet away); First Methodist & Episcopal Church (about 500 feet away); Wind Energy Industry (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tehachapi.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 30, 2018. It was originally submitted on February 19, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 514 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 19, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.