Lyndon Station in Juneau County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1959 by the Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker Number 87.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society marker series.
Location. 43° 42.774′ N, 89° 53.646′ W. Marker is in Lyndon Station, Wisconsin, in Juneau County. Marker is on North Wisconsin Street (County Highway HH) north of West Julius Street (County Highway N), on the right when traveling south. Marker is at Travis Fitzgerald Memorial Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lyndon Station WI 53944, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lyndon Station Area Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Highway (approx. 3.8 miles away); The Sand Counties – Aldo Leopold Territory (approx. 3.8 miles away); The Wisconsin River (approx. 4.8 miles away); The Iron Brigade (approx. 4.8 miles away); Wisconsin Dells (approx. 8.1 miles away); Stanton Peter Helland (approx. 8.1 miles away); Site of Fort Dells (approx. 8.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lyndon Station.
Regarding Hop Raising. Hops were used in the making of beer.
Also see . . .
1. The Hop Days in Sauk County. "The “hop-crash” brought widespread disaster. There was scarcely a person in a community who was not affected by it." (Submitted on November 29, 2007.)
2. Sussex-Lisbon Area Historical Society. Indicates that Jesse Cottington was not the first to cultivate hops in the state of Wisconsin, and that, as early as June 1837, James Weaver, of the town of Lisbon, then Milwaukee County, in the Territory of Wisconsin, was planting the hop root stock he brought with him from Oneida County, New York. (Submitted on October 15, 2013, by Michael R. Reilly of Hartland, Wisconsin.)
Categories. • Agriculture •
More. Search the internet for Hop Raising.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 29, 2007, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,635 times since then and 4 times this year. Last updated on February 20, 2012, by Eric Kuntz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. Photo 1. submitted on November 29, 2007, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.