Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Pawleys Island in Georgetown County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

All Saints Summer Parsonage / The Rectory

 
 
All Saints Summer Parsonage / The Rectory Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. J. Prats, November 26, 2005
1. All Saints Summer Parsonage / The Rectory Marker
Inscription.  This house, built by 1848, served as the summer parsonage for All Saints Episcopal Church or many years. Evening summer services were held here by the congregation, which included a number of rice plantation owners who spent summers at Pawleys Island. The parsonage/rectory was sold by the congregation in 1960 to its present owner.
 
Erected 1993 by Pawleys Island Civic Association. (Marker Number 22 32.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionNotable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1848.
 
Location. 33° 25.086′ N, 79° 7.725′ W. Marker is in Pawleys Island, South Carolina, in Georgetown County. Marker is on State Road S-22-10, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pawleys Island SC 29585, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ward House (within shouting distance of this marker); All Saints Academy Summer House (within shouting distance of this marker); P. C. J. Weston House / Pelican Inn (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line);
All Saints Summer Parsonage and Rectory image. Click for full size.
By J. J. Prats, November 26, 2005
2. All Saints Summer Parsonage and Rectory
Click or scan to see
this page online
Nesbit / Norburn House (about 600 feet away); Joseph Blyth Allston House (Pawley House) (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pawleys Island.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 14, 2019. It was originally submitted on January 1, 2006, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,116 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on January 1, 2006, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=53

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 12, 2021