Madison in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Claude and Starck, Architect
— 1906 —
Designated October 15, 2002
Erected 2012 by the Madison Landmarks Commission. (Marker Number 156.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin, Madison Landmarks Commission series list. A significant historical date for this entry is October 15, 1894.
Location. 43° 4.149′ N, 89° 23.132′ W. Marker is in Madison, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker is at the intersection of West Wilson Street and South Broom Street, on the right when traveling east on West Wilson Street. Touch for map. Marker Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. La Follette House (within shouting distance of this marker); Joseph Stoner House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dowling Apartments (about 600 feet away); Nathan Dane (about 700 feet away); Law Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Nolen Causeway (approx. 0.2 miles away); Derrick C. Bush House (approx. 0.2 miles away); James and Bridget Casserly House (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. This is a list of markers for buildings designed by Claude and Starck.
Additional keywords. Architecture
Credits. This page was last revised on May 27, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 29, 2012, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 515 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on February 29, 2012, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. 2. submitted on March 3, 2012, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. 3, 4, 5. submitted on March 4, 2012, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.