Fort Valley in Peach County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 111-1.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 32° 33.223′ N, 83° 53.28′ W. Marker is in Fort Valley, Georgia, in Peach County. Marker is on West Church Street 0 miles west of Anderson Avenue, on the right when traveling east. The marker stands in front of the Peach County Courthouse. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. James A. Everett (a few steps from this marker); Confederate Dead (approx. one mile away); St. Luke’s Episcopal Church (approx. one mile away); Home of Samuel Henry Rumph (approx. 7˝ miles away); Gen. John B. Gordon (approx. 10.7 miles away); Governor John Houston (approx. 11.1 miles away); Perry Methodist Church (approx. 11.2 miles away); Perry United Methodist Church (approx. 11.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Valley.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 1, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 507 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 1, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.