Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of the Fort Worth Medical College
Erected by Texas Historical Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Science & Medicine.
Location. 32° 45.326′ N, 97° 19.743′ W. Marker is in Fort Worth, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker is at the intersection of East 4th Street and Jones Street, on the left when traveling west on East 4th Street. Located just to the right of the door of the historical City County Hospital Building adjacent to the Maddox-Muse Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 330 E 4th St, Fort Worth TX 76102, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Methodist Church Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Mt. Gilead Baptist Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Grand United Order of Odd Fellows, Lodge No. 2144 (about 500 feet away); Land Title Building (about 500 feet away); Opera Houses & Theaters (about 700 feet away); Grand Hotels (about 700 feet away); Blackstone Hotel (about 800 feet away); Amon G. Carter, Sr. (1879-1955) (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Worth.
Also see . . . Frances Daisy Emery Allen. The Handbook of Texas Online, Texas State Historical Association (Submitted on March 5, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 4, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 578 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 4, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. 5. submitted on November 17, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.