Sanford in Seminole County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
The E. E. Brady Livery Stable
Erected - 1890
113 South Palmetto Avenue
Built between 1890 and 1895, this small building originally housed a blacksmith and wagon shop. From 1910 to 1914, E.E. Brady ran a livery, feed, and sales barn here. By 1916 this building was serving as the Seminole County Jail. It later served as the County Health Department.
The original brick facade was altered in recent years. The shed roof across the front was removed and the deteriorating facade masked by stucco.
Erected 1989 by the Sanford Historic Preservation Board.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Florida - Sanford Historic Preservation Board series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1890.
Location. 28° 48.679′ N, 81° 15.949′ W. Marker is in Sanford, Florida, in Seminole County. Marker is on South Pametto Avenue south of East First Street, on the left when traveling south. The marker is mounted on Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 113 South Pametto Avenue, Sanford FL 32771, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Whalers Saloon (within shouting distance of this marker); The Bishop Block (within shouting distance of this marker); Early City Development (within shouting distance of this marker); The U.S. Post Office (within shouting distance of this marker); The Peoples Bank Building and Block (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sanford & Tucker (about 300 feet away); The Sanford Herald Building (about 300 feet away); The Meisch Building (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sanford.
Regarding The E. E. Brady Livery Stable. The former E. E. Brady Livery Stable building is not listed individually with the National Register of Historic Places. In the NRHP listing cited by the marker, the building is designated one of several Contributing Structures within the Sanford Commercial District, a National Historic District.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 11, 2021. It was originally submitted on March 4, 2012, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. This page has been viewed 581 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 4, 2012, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.