Easton in Leavenworth County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Easton Methodist Church
The first Class of the Easton Methodist Church was started in 1858 by a circuit rider. Rev. W. Marlott was the first pastor assigned in 1862. In 1869 stone was quarried from a hillside one mile west of Easton to build the present church and the hall was added in 1926.
Erected 1984 by Leavenworth County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 39° 20.705′ N, 95° 7.158′ W. Marker is in Easton, Kansas, in Leavenworth County. Marker is at the intersection of Riley Street (State Highway 192) and 4th Street, on the right when traveling west on Riley Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Easton KS 66020, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Historic Fort Leavenworth (approx. 6.3 miles away); Lewis Allison Curry, M. D. (approx. 8.1 miles away); Lieutenant John L. Grattan (approx. 10.1 miles away); Samuel Turner Shepperd Address by President Lincoln (approx. 10.1 miles away); Edward Hatch (approx. 10.1 miles away); Henry G. Davis (approx. 10.1 miles away); Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery (approx. 10.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Leavenworth County Historical Society. (Submitted on March 7, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 7, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 428 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 7, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.