Milwaukee in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
public by former United States Senator
John L. Mitchell,
a native and public spirited citizen of Milwaukee.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Government & Politics.
Location. 43° 1.562′ N, 87° 56.538′ W. Marker is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in Milwaukee County. Marker can be reached from West Pierce Street east of South Layton Boulevard (Wisconsin Highway 57). Marker is located in Mitchell Park, near the park pavilion. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 524 S Layton Blvd, Milwaukee WI 53204, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jacques Vieau, in 1795 (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Condenser House (approx. half a mile away); Power House (approx. half a mile away); Milwaukee Road Shops (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Machine Shop of the World (approx. 0.9 miles away); R. D. Whitehead Monument (approx. 0.9 miles away); A Changing LandscapeCaptain Frederick Pabst (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milwaukee.
Also see . . .
1. Mitchell Park Conservatory (The Domes). Milwaukee County Parks (Submitted on March 13, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
2. John Lendrum Mitchell (1842-1904). Dictionary of Wisconsin History, Wisconsin Historical Society (Submitted on March 13, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 9, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 430 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 9, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.