Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Leavenworth in Leavenworth County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
 

The Knapp House

 
 
The Knapp House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., August 30, 2011
1. The Knapp House Marker
Inscription.  
Built in 1894 by
Chauncey L. Knapp,
founder & owner of
C.L. Knapp & Co.
418 Delaware

 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1894.
 
Location. 39° 18.689′ N, 94° 55.035′ W. Marker is in Leavenworth, Kansas, in Leavenworth County. Marker is at the intersection of 7th Street and Olive Street, on the right when traveling south on 7th Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 720 South 7th Street, Leavenworth KS 66048, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Frederick H. Harvey (within shouting distance of this marker); Home of Frederick Henry Harvey (within shouting distance of this marker); "Harvey House" Leavenworth Court House Annex I (within shouting distance of this marker); American Legion Post #23 Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Leavenworth Public Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. Ό mile away); Quartzite Boulder
The Knapp House and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., August 30, 2011
2. The Knapp House and Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.3 miles away); Leavenworth County World War Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Leavenworth.
 
Also see . . .  Union Park Historic District National Register Nomination. (Submitted on March 16, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
The Knapp House image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., August 30, 2011
3. The Knapp House
Union Park at 7th and Springdale image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., August 30, 2011
4. Union Park at 7th and Springdale
Namesake of the National Register Historic District surrounding it.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 16, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 496 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 16, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=53569

Paid Advertisements
 
 

May. 22, 2022