Rockport in Aransas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1990 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 179.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. A significant historical year for this entry is 1871.
Location. 28° 1.558′ N, 97° 3.163′ W. Marker is in Rockport, Texas, in Aransas County. Marker is at the intersection of North Live Oak Street and East Mimosa Street, on the right when traveling south on North Live Oak Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 301 N Live Oak St, Rockport TX 78382, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distanceThe Old Courthouse (here, next to this marker); St. Peter’s Episcopal Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Bracht House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sacred Heart Catholic Church (about 600 feet away); First Presbyterian Church of Rockport (about 700 feet away); Rockport’s Seafood Industry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Woman’s Club of Aransas County Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fulton-Bruhl House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rockport.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 16, 2012. This page has been viewed 570 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 16, 2012. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.