Fulton in Aransas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Home of George W. Fulton
George W. Fulton
Born at Philadelphia, June 8, 1810
Served in the Texan Army in 1836
A pioneer resident of Refugio County
After an engineering career
of distinction elsewhere,
he returned to Texas and
became a cattle baron
Died October 31, 1893
The town of Fulton bears his name
Erected 1936 by The State of Texas. (Marker Number 2537.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical date for this entry is June 8, 1810.
Location. 28° 3.438′ N, 97° 2.063′ W. Marker is in Fulton, Texas, in Aransas County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Henderson Street and Fulton Beach Road, on the left when traveling east. Located just inside the grounds from the parking lot. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 317 Fulton Beach Rd, Rockport TX 78382, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fulton Mansion (here, next to this marker); Fulton Seafood IndustryTourist Courts and Cottages (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fulton Harbor (approx. 0.4 miles away); Site of Marion Packing Co. (approx. half a mile away); Fulton Community Church (approx. half a mile away); Fulton Packeries (approx. half a mile away); Fulton (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fulton.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 19, 2012. This page has been viewed 702 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 19, 2012. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.