Lamar in Aransas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Stella Maris Chapel
Erected 1986 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 5103.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • War, Texas Independence. A significant historical year for this entry is 1858.
Location. 28° 8.581′ N, 96° 59.323′ W. Marker is in Lamar, Texas, in Aransas County. Marker can be reached from Hagy Drive, 0.1 miles east of Charlotte Avenue, on the left when traveling east. The chapel is north of the Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 222 Hagy Dr, Rockport TX 78382, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Lamar Cemetery (a few steps from this marker); John Fagan (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of the Town of Lamar (approx. half a mile away); Lamar Volunteer Fire Department (approx. 0.6 miles away); Mills Wharf (approx. 1.2 miles away); Site of One of the Homes of James Power (approx. 3.4 miles away); Rockport Air Force Station (approx. 4.8 miles away); Aransas County Airport (approx. 5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lamar.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 19, 2012. This page has been viewed 883 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 19, 2012. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.