Rockport in Aransas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First National Bank of Rockport
Erected 1990 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1799.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical month for this entry is October 1878.
Location. 28° 1.662′ N, 97° 2.971′ W. Marker is in Rockport, Texas, in Aransas County. Marker can be reached from East Liberty Street (Business State Highway 35) east of North Austin Street, on the left when traveling east. Located in the east parking lot of Wells Fargo Bank. Touch for map. Marker is Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hoopes-Smith House (within shouting distance of this marker); Fulton-Bruhl House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Woman’s Club of Aransas County Building (about 600 feet away); Bracht House (about 700 feet away); Rockport’s Harbor (about 800 feet away); Rockport’s Seafood Industry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jackson Family Maritime Companies (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wood-Jackson House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rockport.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 20, 2012. This page has been viewed 796 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on March 20, 2012. 2. submitted on July 11, 2014, by Michael Heinich of Austin, Texas. 3. submitted on March 20, 2012. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.