Rockport in Aransas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1988 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 2084.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1868.
Location. 28° 1.594′ N, 97° 2.997′ W. Marker is in Rockport, Texas, in Aransas County. Marker is on North Broadway Street (Loop State Highway 70) south of Chamber Drive, on the right when traveling south. Located north of the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 409 N Broadway St, Rockport TX 78382, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Woman’s Club of Aransas County Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Hoopes-Smith House (within shouting distance of this marker); Rockport’s Seafood Industry (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); First National Bank of Rockport (about 400 feet away); Bracht House (about 500 feet away); Aransas County Veterans Memorial (about 700 feet away); Rockport’s Harbor (about 700 feet away); St. Peter’s Episcopal Church (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rockport.
More about this marker. The foliage in front of the house may block the view from the road.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 20, 2012. This page has been viewed 785 times since then and 60 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 20, 2012. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.