Canton in Van Zandt County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Van Zandt County Courthouse
Erected 1999 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12270.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 32° 33.378′ N, 95° 51.783′ W. Marker is in Canton, Texas, in Van Zandt County. Marker is on East Dallas Street (State Highway Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 121 E Dallas St, Canton TX 75103, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of 1896 Van Zandt County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Oran Milo Roberts (a few steps from this marker); Caldwell Walton Raines (a few steps from this marker); John H. Reagan (a few steps from this marker); Hillcrest Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brady P. Gentry (approx. 10.6 miles away); The Free State of Van Zandt (approx. 10.7 miles away); Battle of the Neches (approx. 10.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canton.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 20, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 2, 2012, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 479 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 2, 2012, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.