Chippawa in Regional Municipality of Niagara, Ontario — Central Canada
The Founding of Chippawa
Erected by Archaeological and Historic Sites Board, Department of Public Records and Archives of Ontario.
Location. 43° 3.556′ N, 79° 3.059′ W. Marker is in Chippawa, Ontario, in Regional Municipality of Niagara. Marker is at the intersection of Willoughby Drive and Bridgewater Street, on the left when traveling south on Willoughby Drive. This historical Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Chippawa, Ontario L2G 6H3, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Chippawa 1791 (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Raid on Fort Schlosser 1813 (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Church of the Holy Trinity (approx. 0.6 kilometers away); Bridgewater Mills (approx. 1.7 kilometers away); The Destruction of The Caroline, 1837 (approx. 2 kilometers away); Niagara River Remedial Action Plan (approx. 2.1 kilometers away); Stranded Scow (approx. 2.1 kilometers away); Burch’s Mill (approx. 2.2 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chippawa.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812 •
More. Search the internet for The Founding of Chippawa.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 27, 2019. This page originally submitted on April 4, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 498 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 5, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.