Rutherford in Bergen County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
In honor of
1760 – 1840
U.S. Senator from N.J.
1791 – 1798
American patriot and statesman
for whom this borough was named.
Part of his estate, Edgerston Manor,
so named after the family seat in
Scotland, lay within the present
Borough of Rutherford.
the people of Rutherford
the John Rutherford Chapter
Daughters of the American Revolution
May 30, 1961
Erected 1961 by People of Rutherford and Daughters of the American Revolution - John Rutherford Chapter.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
Location. 40° 49.557′ N, 74° 6.499′ W. Marker is in Rutherford, New Jersey, in Bergen County. Marker is at the intersection of Park Avenue and Donaldson Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Park Avenue. Marker is located Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 176 Park Avenue, Rutherford NJ 07070, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rutherford World War II Memorial (here, next to this marker); Gettysburg Address (within shouting distance of this marker); Rutherford Vietnam & Korea Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Rutherford Veterans of War (within shouting distance of this marker); United Spanish War Veterans (within shouting distance of this marker); U.S.S. Maine Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Rutherford World War I Monument (about 300 feet away); The Passaic River (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rutherford.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 24, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 6, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 505 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 6, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.