Chelsea in Washtenaw County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Congregational Church
Erected 1997 by Michigan Historical Center, Michigan Department of State. (Marker Number L1956.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1849.
Location. 42° 19.106′ N, 84° 1.182′ W. Marker is in Chelsea, Michigan, in Washtenaw County. Marker is on East Middle Street east of North Main Street (Michigan Highway 52), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 121 E Middle St, Chelsea MI 48118, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Chelsea / Chelsea Depot (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct The Welfare Building (about 400 feet away); Park Street, East of Main Street (about 500 feet away); Oak Grove Cemetery-Chelsea (approx. Ό mile away); Oak Grove Cemetery Civil War Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Jerusalem (approx. 3.6 miles away); John Cassidy House (approx. 4.2 miles away); North Lake Methodist Church (approx. 4.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chelsea.
Also see . . . First Congregational Church of Chelsea. (Submitted on April 8, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 6, 2012, by Dave Wilcox of Grass Lake, Michigan. This page has been viewed 394 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on April 6, 2012, by Dave Wilcox of Grass Lake, Michigan. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.