Kents Store in Fluvanna County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Fluvanna County / Goochland County
Fluvanna County. Area 285 Square Miles. Formed in 1777 from Albemarle. Named (in Latin) Anne's River, the early name for the upper James given in honor of Queen Anne. Point of Fork was an important supply depot in 1781.
Goochland County. Area 287 Square Miles Formed in 1727 from Henrico, and named for William Gooch, Governor of Virginia, 1727-1749. Cornwallis and Lafayette passed through this county in 1781.
Erected 1928 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number Z-25.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Political Subdivisions • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Virginia Department of Historic Resources series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1777.
Location. 37° 54.238′ N, 78° 3.988′ W. Marker is in Kents Store, Virginia, in Fluvanna County. Marker is on Three Notch Road (U.S. 250) west of Three Chopt Road (Virginia Route 653), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Campaign of 1781 (approx. 3.2 miles away); Richardson and Morton Schools (approx. 8½ miles away); Historic Louisa (approx. 8.9 miles away); John Mercer Langston Birthplace (approx. 9 miles away); In Memory of All Veterans (approx. 9 miles away); Confederate Memorial (approx. 9 miles away); Second Louisa County Courthouse Threshold (approx. 9 miles away); Patrick Henry's Home (approx. 9 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on July 7, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 8, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 529 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 8, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.