Vancouver in Greater Vancouver Regional District, British Columbia — Canada’s West Coast
326 West Pender Street
City of Vancouver Heritage Building
— Architect: J.S.D. Taylor —
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1929.
Location. 49° 16.941′ N, 123° 6.687′ W. Marker is in Vancouver, British Columbia, in Greater Vancouver Regional District. Marker is on West Pender Street just from Hamilton Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 326 West Pender Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1T1, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. BC Permanent Building (a few steps from this marker); Here Stood Hamilton (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Dominion BuildingFlack Block (about 150 meters away); 64 Pounder Guns (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Sherman (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); St. Regis Hotel (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Drill Hall (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Vancouver.
Also see . . . McBeath and Campbell Building. HistoricPlaces.ca's page for 326 West Pender Street. On the building's heritage value: "... Built in 1929, the facade of the McBeth and Campbell Building is valued for the simple Classical Revival influence displayed in its design, demonstrating the late persistence of traditional Period Revival styles. The building is characterized by an overall clarity of form and lightness of appearance with an austere but elegant facade of vertical proportions. It is notable for its lack of ornamental motifs, which are often aligned with such traditional styles, due partially to its late date of construction, when many designers were turning away from historic ornamentation towards a minimal modernism, and also due to the utilitarian nature of the business it housed." (Submitted on April 15, 2012.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 15, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 549 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 15, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.