Napa in Napa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Dave Cavagnaro Circus Plaza
He was a native Californian of Italian heritage who came to Napa in 1884, where he grew up to be a leader of the Italian community of Napa.
Erected 1981 by Sam Brannan Chapter 1004, E Clampus Vitus and the Napa County Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Entertainment. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1884.
Location. 38° 17.781′ N, 122° 16.681′ W. Marker is in Napa, California, in Napa County. Marker can be reached from Third Street. The marker is located on the grounds of the Napa Town & Country Fairgrounds, and is mounted in concrete at the base of a flagpole across from the Bingo Hall at the entrance to the Carnival Area. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Napa River (approx. ¼ mile away); Lieutenant William W. Murphy (approx. ¼ mile away); Ars Longa Vita Brevis (approx. ¼ mile away); Hatt Building 1893 (approx. ¼ mile away); Napa: A River Landing Town (approx. ¼ mile away); Hay Barn 1959 (approx. ¼ mile away); Silo Building 1932 (approx. ¼ mile away); Banner Warehouse 1862 (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Napa.
1. Additional Information Regarding the Marker Dedication
Dave Means was Noble Grand Humbug when this plaque was dedicated. Plaque wording by Edward D. Hawkins.
— Submitted April 16, 2012, by Loren Wilson of Sebastopol, California.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 6, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 16, 2012, by Loren Wilson of Sebastopol, California. This page has been viewed 562 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 16, 2012, by Loren Wilson of Sebastopol, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.