Near St. Helena in Napa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1983 by Sam Brannan Chapter No. 1004, E Clampus Vitus.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Notable Places. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list. A significant historical month for this entry is February 1953.
Location. 38° 30.696′ N, 122° 27.333′ W. Marker is near St. Helena, California, in Napa County. Plaque is located at the southwest corner of the T intersection of Pope Street and Silverado Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Helena CA 94574, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Robert Louis Stevenson (approx. 0.8 miles away); Richie Block (approx. 0.9 miles away); NSGW & Historic District (approx. 0.9 miles away); Hudson House (approx. 1.3 miles away); Beringer Brothers Winery (approx. 1.4 miles away); Chalet Bernensis (approx. 1.4 miles away); Charles Krug Winery (approx. 1.8 miles away); Cesare Mondavi 1883 1959 (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Helena.
1. Additional Information Regarding the Marker Dedication
Harold "Andy" Anderson was Noble Grand Humbug when this monument was erected. Plaque wording by Edward D. Hawkins.
— Submitted April 17, 2012, by Loren Wilson of Sebastopol, California.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 19, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 17, 2012, by Loren Wilson of Sebastopol, California. This page has been viewed 558 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 19, 2020, by Diane Phillips of Pittsburg, California. 2. submitted on April 17, 2012, by Loren Wilson of Sebastopol, California. 3. submitted on July 19, 2020, by Diane Phillips of Pittsburg, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.