San Leandro in Alameda County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Masonic Temple Building
Fraternal organizations such as the Freemasons, Odd Fellows, and the Portuguese Union (U.P.E.C.) were established early in San Leandro, Leaders in these organizations were often also the civic and business leaders of San Leandro.
One popular tenant of this building was the Hirschman Creamery and Candy Store, which occupied the East 14th Street storefront in the early years of the 20th century.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations. A significant historical month for this entry is April 1883.
Location. 37° 43.46′ N, 122° 9.308′ W. Marker is in San Leandro, California, in Alameda Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1379 East 14th Street, San Leandro CA 94577, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Masonic Temple (a few steps from this marker); Historic Best Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Little Brown Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Casa Peralta (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Daniel & Meta Best Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); San Leandro – Cherry Festivals (approx. 0.2 miles away); San Leandro Courthouse Site (approx. ¼ mile away); County Courthouse (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Leandro.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 22, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 543 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 22, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.