Near Junction in Kimble County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Telegraph Store and Post Office
Erected 1996 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 5219.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Postal Mail and Philately series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1900.
Location. 30° 19.72′ N, 99° 54.41′ W. Marker is near Junction, Texas, in Kimble County. Marker is on U.S. 377, 1.1 miles north of County Road 120, on the left when traveling south. 15.5 miles south of Junction, Texas. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Junction TX 76849, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Doom of the Outlaws of Pegleg Station (approx. 4.6 miles away); R. M. Turner Family (approx. 5.6 miles away); Site of Four Mile Dam (approx. 10.6 miles away); John James Smith (approx. 11.8 miles away); Capt. Gully Cowsert (approx. 12.6 miles away); Copperas Methodist Church (approx. 12.6 miles away); Isaac Kountz (approx. 12.8 miles away); Vicinity of Bradbury Settlement (approx. 13 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Junction.
Also see . . . Telegraph, TX. The Handbook of Texas Online, Texas State Historical Association (Submitted on April 26, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 25, 2012, by Joe Henderson of Wylie, Texas. This page has been viewed 589 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 25, 2012, by Joe Henderson of Wylie, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.