Moundsville in Marshall County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Old Brick School House
Here in 1835 was assembled the
First County Court in Elizabethtown
Erected 1975 by Mound Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
Location. 39° 55.128′ N, 80° 44.729′ W. Marker is in Moundsville, West Virginia, in Marshall County. Marker is at the intersection of Tomlinson Avenue and 7th Street, on the left when traveling north on Tomlinson Avenue. This historic marker is a plaque affixed to the southeast, outside corner wall of the county courthouse, facing Tomlinson Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Moundsville WV 26041, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Volunteers in the Spanish-American War (a few steps from this marker); Marshall County Commemorates Service Men and Women (a few steps from this marker); Civil War CannonsBenjamin C. Criswell (a few steps from this marker); Moundsville / Capt. James Harrod (within shouting distance of this marker); Recipients of the Purple Heart (within shouting distance of this marker); Grave Creek Mound (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); West Virginia Penitentiary (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Moundsville.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 20, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 29, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 612 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 1, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.