Elberton in Elbert County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
In the Year 1803
Beckham Dye, Dr. John T. Gilmer,
Reuben Lindsay and Middleton
Woods, were the first
commissioners appointed to
rule the Town of Elberton.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1803.
Location. 34° 6.595′ N, 82° 52.1′ W. Marker is in Elberton, Georgia, in Elbert County. Marker can be reached from South Oliver Street (State Highway 77). Marker is attached to the right side of the front entrance to the courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 12 South Oliver Street, Elberton GA 30635, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Elbert County (here, next to this marker); In Memory (a few steps from this marker); Grave of General Wiley Thompson (a few steps from this marker); Elbert County Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); Old Post Road (a few steps from this marker); Elberton Granite Bicentennial Memorial Fountain Confederate Dead (within shouting distance of this marker); Samuel Elbert (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Seaboard Airline Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Christmas Tree House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elberton.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 8, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 490 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 8, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.