Cortlandt Manor in Westchester County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Baptist Church. Became one-
room school in 1814. In
continuous use until 1935,
and from 1952 to 1972.
Erected 2004 by Van Cortlandt Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1772.
Location. 41° 18.74′ N, 73° 54.02′ W. Marker is in Cortlandt Manor, New York, in Westchester County. Marker is on Locust Avenue, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cortlandt Manor NY 10567, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Van Cortlandtville School (a few steps from this marker); Old St. Peters (within shouting distance of this marker); Pomeroy (within shouting distance of this marker); 160th Anniversary of St. Peter’s (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church (about 500 feet away); Site of St. Peter’s Church (about 500 feet away); French Soldiers of the Revolutionary WarHeroes of the American Revolution (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cortlandt Manor.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 10, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 450 times since then and 10 times this year. Last updated on May 13, 2012, by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 10, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.