Central Business District in Cincinnati in Hamilton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The First High Rise Concrete Frame Building in the United States
Erected 1966 by Cincinnati Chapter American Institute of Architects, Ohio Society of Professional Engineers, Portland Cement Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1903.
Location. 39° 6.002′ N, 84° 30.744′ W. Marker is in Cincinnati, Ohio, in Hamilton County. It is in the Central Business District. Marker is at the intersection of E 4th St and Vine St, on the right when traveling west on E 4th St. Marker is on the right of the E 4th St entrance. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6 E 4th St, Cincinnati OH 45202, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Burnet House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Kennedy Speech (about 600 feet away); Greek Revival Architecture Example (about 800 feet away); Votes for Women (approx. 0.2 miles away); Salmon Portland Chase (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Berlin Wall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cincinnati Gymnasium and Athletic Club (approx. ¼ mile away); Christ Church Cathedral (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cincinnati.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 4, 2023. It was originally submitted on May 21, 2012, by Matt Gilbertson of Medford, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 638 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 21, 2012, by Matt Gilbertson of Medford, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.