Scotland in Bon Homme County, South Dakota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
The History Of Scotland Academy
Erected by Mrs. Linda M. Kluthe, Chairperson, Scotland Historic Preservation Commission and South Dakota Department of Transportation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education. A significant historical month for this entry is June 1845.
Location. 43° 9.205′ N, 97° 42.977′ W. Marker is in Scotland, South Dakota, in Bon Homme County. Marker is on Fourth Street (State Highway 25) 0.1 miles north of Walnut Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Scotland SD 57059, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Menno Area, South Dakota Veterans Memorial (approx. 9 miles away); Tyndall Veterans Memorial Park (approx. 13.9 miles away); Johannesthal Reformed Church (approx. 15.7 miles away).
More about this marker. Partially obscured by trees, but it is visible from the road.
Also see . . . Early History of The Presbyterian Church in South Dakota. from the 1904 History of South Dakota by Doane Robinson. (Submitted on October 1, 2006.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 14, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 29, 2006, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. This page has been viewed 3,047 times since then and 49 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on September 29, 2006, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.