Santa Fe in Santa Fe County, New Mexico — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Notable Buildings.
Location. 35° 41.24′ N, 105° 56.192′ W. Marker is in Santa Fe, New Mexico, in Santa Fe County. Marker is at the intersection of East Palace Avenue and Cathedral Place, on the right when traveling west on East Palace Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 125 E Palace Ave, Santa Fe NM 87501, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Don Diego de Vargas Zapata Luján Ponce de León, El Marques de la Nava de Barcinas (within shouting distance of this marker); Captain Diego Arias de Quiros (within shouting distance of this A Building Stood Here Before 1680 (within shouting distance of this marker); Kateri Tekakwitha (within shouting distance of this marker); Hitching Post at the End of the Trail (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Santa Fe’s First Chapel (about 400 feet away); Fray Angélico Chávez (about 400 feet away); Santa Fe Trail (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Santa Fe.
Also see . . . Sena Plaza. “In 1796, while Santa Fe was still a part of Spain, the successful Merchant Don Juan Sena and his wife, came into possession of the land. In the 1830?s when Santa Fe was part of a newly independent Mexico, Don Juan and his son, Major Jose Sena started building the structure we see today. Eventually he and his wife added thirty three rooms to house the twenty three children, most of whom were born in what had become a US territory when the area was taken from Mexico by the US in 1886. ” (Submitted on May 27, 2012.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 27, 2012, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 632 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 27, 2012, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.