Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ponca City in Kay County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
 

E. W. Marland

1874 – 1941

 
 
E. W. Marland Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, May 1, 2012
1. E. W. Marland Marker
Inscription.  
Pioneer Oil Developer
Philanthropist & Humanitarian
Leader in Developing the Economy
Culture and Beauty of Ponca City
Donor of Pioneer Woman Statue
Governor of Oklahoma
United States Congressman

 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public WorkGovernment & Politics.
 
Location. 36° 42.204′ N, 97° 4.71′ W. Marker is in Ponca City, Oklahoma, in Kay County. Marker is at the intersection of East Grand Avenue and South 5th Street, on the left when traveling west on East Grand Avenue. Marker is on the southeast corner. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ponca City OK 74601, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ponca City Library (within shouting distance of this marker); Lewis Haines (Lew) Wentz (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ponca Military Academy (approx. 2½ miles away); "White House" (approx. 7.1 miles away); Native American Involvement ...in the 101 Ranch (approx. 7.1 miles away); 101 Ranch
E. W. Marland Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, May 1, 2012
2. E. W. Marland Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 7.1 miles away); 101 Dairy Barn Vent from Dairy Barn (approx. 7.1 miles away); Two Old Potato Plows (approx. 7.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ponca City.
 
E. W. Marland Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, May 1, 2012
3. E. W. Marland Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 27, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 641 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on May 27, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=55712

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Dec. 6, 2022