Polo in Ogle County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Lincoln in Polo
Erected 1970 by Ogle County Historical Society and the Illinois State Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Illinois State Historical Society marker series.
Location. 41° 59.234′ N, 89° 34.658′ W. Marker is in Polo, Illinois, in Ogle County. Marker is at the intersection of North Franklin Avenue and West Locust Street, on the left when traveling north on North Franklin Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 123 North Franklin Avenue, Polo IL 61064, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as The Galena Road (approx. 1.9 miles away); Site of Eagle Point Gang Plow Factory (approx. 5.3 miles away); A Stone Arch Bridge on the Galena Road (approx. 8.3 miles away); 82 Rods South of This Spot Was Born in a Log Cabin (approx. 8.7 miles away); Erected to the memory of Leonard Andrus founder of the village of Grand Detour Illinois 1835 (approx. 10½ miles away); The Grand Detour Plow Factory (approx. 10.6 miles away); Grand Detour, Illinois (approx. 10.6 miles away); Upper Ferry Landing (approx. 10.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Polo.
Regarding Lincoln in Polo. The house is now the headquarters of the Polo Historical Society.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Lincoln in Polo.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 29, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 450 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 29, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.