Canyon in Randall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Co. F, 2nd Bn., 142nd Inf., 36th Div., Texas National Guard
Erected 2005 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 15505.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, World II. A significant historical year for this entry is 1943.
Location. 34° 58.793′ N, 101° 54.319′ W. Marker is in Canyon, Texas, in Randall County. Marker is on 4th Avenue (Route 217) 0.2 miles west of Russell Long Boulevard (Texas Highway 48 Spur), on Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Canyon TX 79015, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of an Early Barbed Wire Fence in the Panhandle (here, next to this marker); Georgia O'Keeffe in Canyon (approx. 0.6 miles away); T-Anchor Ranch (approx. 0.6 miles away); Buffalo Courts (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Charles Goodnight Memorial Trail (approx. 0.7 miles away); First National Bank (approx. 0.8 miles away); Shirley House (approx. one mile away); Mary E. Hudspeth House (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canyon.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 4, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 480 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 4, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.