Canyon in Randall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Methodist Church
The Rev. Mr. Jackson preached to great throngs in Palo Duro Canyon, 1890; held first local funeral and first wedding, 1891.
Original church building was erected under the first regular pastor, the Rev. T.F. Robeson, 1900.
Erected 1969 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1750.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 34° 58.782′ N, 101° 55.461′ W. Marker is in Canyon, Texas, in Randall County. Marker is on 4th Avenue (State Highway 217) east of 18th Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1818 4th Avenue, Canyon TX 79015, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this markerFirst Baptist Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Mary E. Hudspeth House (about 400 feet away); Site of Wagon Yard (about 600 feet away); Shirley House (about 600 feet away); The Little House of Fellowship (about 700 feet away); Canyon Fire Department (about 700 feet away); City of Canyon (approx. 0.2 miles away); Randall County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canyon.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 4, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 387 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 4, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.