Hereford in Deaf Smith County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Prisoner of War Camp Chapel
Erected 1982 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4123.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • War, World II. A significant historical year for this entry is 1943.
Location. 34° 47.861′ N, 102° 25.381′ W. Marker is in Hereford, Texas, in Deaf Smith County. Marker is at the intersection of West 1st Street (U.S. 60) and County Road H, on the right when traveling west on West 1st Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hereford TX 79045, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Town Without a Toothache (approx. 1.6 miles away); The E.B. Black Residence (approx. 1.6 miles away); Pioneer Windmill (approx. 1.9 miles away); Deaf Smith County (approx. 2 miles away); Former Site of St. Anthony's Catholic School (approx. 2 miles away); Two-Wheel Fire Hose Reel (approx. 2 miles away); Deaf Smith Courthouse (approx. 2 miles away); Ghost Towns (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hereford.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 5, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 785 times since then and 194 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 5, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.