Weaverville in Trinity County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Was built in 1874 by
who came to the Trinity County
in search of gold.
Erected 1941 by Native Daughters of the Golden West, Eltapome Parlor No. 55.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Asian Americans • Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Chinese Heritage Sites of the American West, and the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1874.
Location. 40° 43.893′ N, 122° 56.428′ W. Marker is in Weaverville, California, in Trinity County. Marker can be reached from Main Street (California Route 3 / 229), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 630 Main Street, Weaverville CA 96093, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Won Lim Miao (a few steps from this marker); Pacific Brewery (within shouting distance of this marker); Weaverville Chinatown (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cameron Building SiteOld Weaverville Fire Station (about 300 feet away); E Clampus Vitus 1855 & 1962 (about 400 feet away); Weaverville / Mountain Charlie (about 500 feet away); Trinity Congregational Church (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Weaverville.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 6, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 557 times since then and 5 times this year. Last updated on June 8, 2012. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on June 6, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.