Galveston in Galveston County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Eugenia & George Sealy Pavilion
George Sealy was president of the Galveston Wharf Company at the time of his death, and Eugenia was a civic leader in Galveston during the World War II years and took part in her husband's many civic activities. Through his love of flowers Mr. Sealy did much to beautify the City of Galveston and to publicize the city as the "Oleander City." He was among those largely responsible for the beautification of the Broadway and 25th Street esplanades.
Dedicated September 28, 1988.
Janice R. Coggeshall, Mayor
Erected 1988 by City of Galveston.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Parks & Recreational Areas • War, World II.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Galveston TX 77550, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ashton Villa, 1859 (within shouting distance of this marker); The Rosenberg Library (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Original Oleander Planting in Galveston (about 500 feet away); J.F. Smith House (about 600 feet away); Congregation B'nai Israel Synagogue (about 700 feet away); The Galveston Movement (about 700 feet away); Trinity Protestant Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eaton Memorial Chapel (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Galveston.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 21, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 9, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 573 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 9, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.