Galveston in Galveston County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Grace Episcopal Church
Dedicated in 1895 by Bishop G. H. Kinsolving, the building was made possible by a bequest from civic leader Henry Rosenberg.
The beautiful hand-carved altar and reredos were gifts of Mrs. Mollie Rosenberg.
The Gothic style church was designed in white limestone by Nicholas J. Clayton, architect.
Erected 1967 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7477.)
Location. 29° 17.669′ N, 94° 48.385′ W. Marker is in Galveston, Texas, in Galveston County. Marker is at the intersection of 36th Street and Avenue L, on the right when traveling south on 36th Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Galveston TX 77550, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Smith House (within shouting distance of this marker); Poole-Parker House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Patrick Catholic Church Hagemann-Cobb House (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Bankhead Magruder (approx. 0.3 miles away); Nahor Biggs Yard (approx. 0.3 miles away); James Love (approx. 0.3 miles away); George Campbell Childress (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Galveston.
Also see . . .
1. On this Page of the National Register of Historical Places. The list is alphabetical (Submitted on June 10, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas.)
2. Grace Episcopal Church. (Submitted on June 11, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Grace Episcopal Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 10, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 417 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 10, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.