Wichita in Sedgwick County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Nathan Jackson Morrison, LL.D.
Founder and President of
1895 - 1907
Administration of Public Works
Franklin D. Roosevelt
President of the United States
Harold L. Ickes
Administrator of Public Works
The Municipal University of Wichita
Board of Regents
S. Carnot Brennan Otto R. Souders
Mrs. R.M. Gouldner Dr. Harry W. Horn
Winn E. Holmes John M. Kirkwood
Walter S. Henrion James W. Ross
Elmer R. Corn
Wm. M. Jardine, President
Roy W. Elliott, Comptroller
Downing P. O'Harra, Librarian
W.D. Jochems, Counselor
Fnake E. Blaser, Contractor
Ed Forsblom, Architect
Erected 1939 by Wichita State University [The Municipal University of Wichita].
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1895.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Wichita KS 67260, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bicentennial of the Birth of George Washington (a few steps from this marker); Fiske Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fiske Hall Centennial Celebration (approx. 0.2 miles away); Edwin A. Ulrich (approx. 0.2 miles away); McKnight Art Center (approx. 0.2 miles away); Memorial '70 (approx. Ό mile away); Standing Proudly on the Hill (approx. Ό mile away); Pizza Hut Number One (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wichita.
Also see . . .
1. WSU Morrison Hall [formerly Library]. (Submitted on June 11, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. WSU, Former Presidents, Nathan Morrison. (Submitted on June 11, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 11, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 370 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 11, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.