Near Pleasanton in Atascosa County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1998 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 11698.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1901.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 28° 56.66′ N, 98° 24.81′ W. Marker was near Pleasanton, Texas, in Atascosa County. Marker was at the intersection of Coughran Road and Dead Horse Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Pleasanton TX 78064, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Pleasanton (approx. 4.4 miles away); Pleasanton First United Methodist Church (approx. 4˝ miles away); Old Rock Schoolhouse (approx. 4˝ miles away); First Baptist Church of Pleasanton (approx. 4.6 miles away); Cooper Chapter No. 101, Royal Arch Masons (approx. 4.6 miles away); Pleasanton City Cemetery (approx. 4.9 miles away); Pleasanton School Integration (approx. 5.1 miles away); Site of San Augustine Church (approx. 5.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pleasanton.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 20, 2012, by John A Hensarling of Campbellton, Texas. This page has been viewed 568 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 23, 2012, by John A Hensarling of Campbellton, Texas. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.