Angels Camp in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
This whim, patented in 1888, was built entirely of iron and steel, mounted on a heavy base plate, so that it was net effected by cold or heat. Both hoisting and lowering was regulated by one lever; the operation so simple that it could be handled by any inexperienced person. This whim is from the Eagle Mine in Copperopolis.
Erected by Angels Camp Museum.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce.
Location. 38° 4.576′ N, 120° 32.828′ W. Marker is in Angels Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 584 South Main Street, Angels Camp CA 95222, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Monitor (here, next to this marker); Gold Furnace (here, next to this marker); Water Wheel (here, next to this marker); Hogarth Stamp Mill (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named The Hogarth Stamp Mill (a few steps from this marker); The Hogarth Family (a few steps from this marker); Just Jenny (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Camp 9 Powerhouse Pelton Wheel (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Angels Camp.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 5, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 20, 2012, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 518 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 20, 2012, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.