Morristown in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Court House and Jail
Here stood the
at the time of the
Marked 1904 by the
Erected 1904 by Morristown Chapter, Daugthers of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1770.
Location. 40° 47.845′ N, 74° 28.878′ W. Marker is in Morristown, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on N Park Place (U.S. 202), on the right when traveling east. Marker is located on the Morristown Green. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Morristown NJ 07960, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Baptist Church on the Green (a few steps from this marker); Arnold’s Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker); Arnold Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker); The French are Coming (within shouting distance of this marker); Survey by Major Erskine of Morristown Morris County Civil War Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); The Green - 1715 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Continental Store on the Green (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Morristown.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 24, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,152 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on February 23, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. 2, 3. submitted on April 26, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.